While I’m miles away on vacation, allow me to share with you a few of my favorite bits from NARS. I think you can tell that NARS is one of my favorite beauty brands. If I could pick just one brand to use for the rest of my life, I can pick NARS and not even feel bad about it.
Anyway, like most established brands, NARS is a bit intimidating to approach if you’re a new buyer. Here are a few of my favorite items from them, not including skin care or brushes. Mostly because I forgot, lol, but I quite like them, too.
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer — I’ve never loved a concealer as much as I love this one. I have it in the shade Ginger, but Custard works well for me. It is easy to blend, packs on a lot of pigment, and doesn’t look cakey.
- NARS Sheer Glow Foundation — One of my favorite liquid foundations! It’s a medium coverage foundation with a slightly dewy finish and a great range of colors. I wear Punjab.
- NARS Eyeshadow Palette in And God Created the Woman — This is such a great and versatile neutral palette, which NARS re-released in a different pan order a few months ago. I wish they’d make this permanent because it is truly a gem.
- NARS Eyeshadow Duos — I think NARS makes the most interesting duo pairings and combinations. They are always thoughtful and I love the stories behind the names and color pairings. My favorites are Charade, Grand Palais, Dogon, and probably China Seas.
- NARS Powder Blushes — Ain’t no “best of” NARS list without listing their blushes. I’d wager that these are their very best sellers, and with good reason. They have a lovely color range that is modern and beautiful. Orgasm has a cult following and while it’s a truly beautiful blush, I have to tip my hat off to Sin, which is one of my favorite blushes of all time.
- NARS Pure Matte Lipsticks — Not quite sure why these are in different packaging from the regular NARS lipsticks. I suspect that they are more expensive per ounce… but these are awesome. The quality of the lighter shades and darker shades are all consistently great.
- NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencils and NARS Satin Lip Pencil — These are also great matte lip pencils, with an excellent color range and formula. The only problem is that you have to sharpen them!
- NARS Lipsticks — I’ve got them in three finishes: Sheer, Satin, and Semi-Matte. Guess what? They’re all excellent.
Not pictured, but also great: NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer. I’ve yet to purchase this in full size, since I have to go through a bunch of base products, still, but this is a great everyday base.
A few notes on NARS: They are notoriously inconsistent, so if you can check and swatch or research before you buy, please do so. I find that their eyeshadow trios are a little meh. You can find more information on other products they offer online, but they are a pretty polarizing brand at times. Their packaging, while lovely and sleek, may turn really gross and sticky on you, like what happened to my NARS Orgasm. Everyone loves their eyeshadow primer/base, but it was just meh for me. Sometimes some of their matte lipstick shades inexplicably have shimmers in them, so test them to see before buying.
Anyway, just test everything before buying because NARS can be pretty expensive, especially when you accumulate them. NARS is an incredible brand, for the most part, but they do have some duds here and there.
What are some of your NARS favorites? Anything I missed out on? Comment down below. 🙂
Follow me: Bloglovin' • Twitter • Instagram • YouTube • Facebook
I love the Creamy concealer!!
Great post Hun 😊
NARS is one of my favorite brands too. We love the same products. I can’t live without the Sheer Glow Foundation and Radiant Creamy Concealer. Plus, I adore the Velvet Matte Lip Pencils and the God Woman Palette <333
😀 I love those both! I’m fortunate enough to not have much to cover up, but I absolutely love the effect of Sheer Glow and the concealer when I use them. 🙂 NARS foreva!
I’m a NARS noob, but I really really like their tinted moisturizer. It’s the only one that I’ve tried that doesn’t make me break out, or feel overly oily on my face.Will definitely be rebuying once I run out of it.
I’m intrigued by the Sin blush. Never thought to experiment with berry shades, but will now!
I love the Tinted Moisturizer, too, but I can’t seem to find a shade I’m happy with!
TRY SIN. Even just a swatch! It looks like crap in the pan, but I absolutely love how it wears on the cheeks 🙂
Looove Nars in general. I’ve only tried the concealer from these products, though. I’m definitely intrigued by their lip products! I think I’ll be visiting Ulta pretty soon because of this post! Thank you so much for introducing these products, hun.
I hope you find something you like!
Oh NARS! Love the product, hate the packaging.
Hahaha I think the packaging doesn’t play well with humidity~
Just started exploring more of nars. I used to own just the pure matte lipsticks. And I’m glad I explored more of their face makeup (foundation, blush, bronzer) etc.
I agree, you can’t rely on general reviews for the whole line of products. You have to check the review per color. The pure mattes are not consistent all throughout the line. Some are solid colors, and some have microshimmer.
If I’m only limited to one brand, I think I would choose Nars too, because they’re the only ones who have a foundation shade that’s the closest to my skin tone, they have the lipstick colors that I like, good brushes, and good matte-ish eyeshadows.
I love NARS so much. I think it’s a toss-up between NARS, MAKE and LMdB for me!
Nars is a mixed bag for me. Sometimes they really hit things out of the park, but sometimes its just dud after dud. I agree Nars comes up with amazing colour combinations, so at least every season I can at least seek inspiration from them.
Yeah, they’re great with colors, at least. 🙂 What were your NARS duds?
I could live with just NARS – their makeup and skincare! 🙂 Love their eyebrow pencil, too. Not so their eyeliners (pencil ones), but the liquid one worked well on me. Agree with all that you have to say here, I feel like if I had to make my Best of NARS, these are the same products I’d include. 🙂
Yeah, their skin care is pretty great too! 🙂 I’m surprised that you didn’t like their pencil liners! I know the Soft Touch (jumbo) pencils are poorly reviewed, though. Yay, I feel validated, lol.
Perfect timing for this post! I’ve never experimented with NARS before, besides a deluxe sample of the Laguna bronzer so I’ve been really interested in exploring this brand a bit more. Thanks for the suggestions 🙂
Yay! I hope you find something you love. 🙂
Thanks for this post Carina! I’m actually a NARS newbie so I’m always browsing blogs to decide what to purchase! 🙂
Heeee I love NARS 😀
I like this brand walkthrough! If you’re up to it, I’d like to see LMDB or Make next 😀
(Hehehe ask and you shall receive! But in a coupla’ weeks!)