On this week’s edition of Nosy Beauty, I have none other than Alene of Paper Kitties. I found Alene’s blog through the bntgirls network, set up by bnt news. We were part of the same batch. 🙂 Paper Kitties is full of posts about beauty, lifestyle, and travel.
Hi everyone, my name is Alene! Whilst I work as a full time Accountant in Singapore, I take great joy in being a part-time lifestyle and beauty blogger 🙂 I suppose you can say that this is where I get to destress from work and do something I absolutely love. I am also an instagram addict (follow me at Paperkitties) who loves posting snapshots of my daily life.
Travelling and experimenting skincare products are my favourite so I reckon these two topics tend to be written much more passionately than the others. In June 2013, I was announced as the Laneige Ambassador for Singapore and it had since opened doors of opportunity for me that I can’t be more grateful of!
“Less is more” has always been my beauty philosophy.. mainly due to the fact that I just do not suit heavy makeup! I have since mastered the K-beauty natural look which is the one look I used for almost every occasion! Ok yes, I tend to be quite boring when it comes to experimenting bold looks :S
The above are my essentials for my everyday look:
– Laneige BB Cushion
– Benefit Brow Zings
– NARS blusher in Gaiety (love the sweet pinky hue it gives)
– Laneige Volume Setting Mascara (I only use mascaras when I have events after work, otherwise I would just skip this step altogether)
– Laneige Multi Shaping Eyeliner in Black
– Kiehl’s Lip Balm
– MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer
These products gives off the very minimal and natural look without clogging my pores. I do not believe in using primer despite having oily skin as they tend to cause breakouts, so I make sure I touch up and hydrate my skin (w face mist) often!
The MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer deserves a special mention as it is the holy grail of my entire cosmetic collection. I have been relying heavily on it for 4 years and was devastated when I found out this was discountinued earlier on this year. It blends naturally into my skin and conceals the neccessary without looking too cakey. If there is only one item I am allowed to use for the rest of my life, this is the one!
Last but not least, the most important of it all… Here’s whats in my make up pouch!
– Laneige Water Supreme Finishing Pact
– Laneige Professional Selection Blusher in Pink Gradation (comes with a brush)
– Laneige Art Play Waterproof Liner (I swear by this since it is the only eyeliner I’ve used so far that doesn’t smudge. Furthermore, it comes in 2 colours~)
– Bobbi Brown Lash Glamour Extreme Lengthening Mascara (I am not particular when it comes to mascaras so I tend to pop in whichever sample size I have available)
– Mirenesse Velvet Lip Lift Moisture Shine (Love the natural pinky hue without being overly glossy)
My lovely pouch is bought in Topshop ages ago and these are the items I always have in my pouch to touch up and for last minute events – very compact and handy. Being the Laneige Ambassador, I admit to owning a lot of Laneige products and using them regularly since my skin loves the brand and tend to be less oily when I do so. I also love how the foundations comes with SPF so I can skip applying sunblock on my skin altogether! If you noticed, I tend to stir away from lipsticks and eyeshadows (which is why they weren’t mentioned in this post) as they are only reserved for special events 🙂
Thank you, Alene, for this week’s post. I hope you guys enjoyed it. Would you like to take a guess at whose bag we’ll be peeking into next week?
For more Nosy Beauty, click here.
That’s a real model pose at the top! ^_^ she’s gorgeous!
I know right! I couldn’t have pulled that off, lol.
I agree with the other commenter, she looks lovely!
Pingback: Nosy Beauty Vol. 21: Mariana | Softly Sometimes