YAY, A NOSY BEAUTY RIGHT ON SCHEDULE! /shuffle
Today, I’ve got someone I actually met in real life first—a rarity!—at the launch of The Manila Review, one of the projects I’m involved with. Say hello to Angel, who was introduced to me by our mutual friend, Deus, and who immediately told me that she loved makeup, too. 🙂 She writes about life in Holland, art, and Scandinavian culture, among other things over here. I love this week’s Nosy Beauty because Angel didn’t scrimp on photographs! Heh. I hope you all enjoy it, too!
I’m Angel, an editor, writer and communications strategist, and Ambassador of Dutch and Scandinavian culture. I love listening to music, discovering new art and design, hanging out with friends and exploring new cities. I am currently based in Holland, where I work for an international travel magazine.
These are some of my favourite items (not necessarily what I use daily). The makeup bag is from Paul & Joe – I don’t really lug around a makeup bag, usually I just use it when I’m packing for a trip.
- Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette – I rarely use eyeshadow, but this is a great palette for sophisticated looks.
- Jemma Kidd Dewy Glow All Over Radiance Creme in Iced Gold – A magical highlighter, apply on top of cheekbones for a subtle glow.
- Topshop Blush in Dream Phone – Still trying it out, but the colour is dreamy.
- Etude House Sweet Recipe Cupcake All Over Color in PK 002 Strawberry Chiffon Cake – My mom gave this to me, I love the packaging. It’s a perfect cream blush for sunny summer days.
- Sleek Blush in Rose Gold – My favourite blush of all!
- Muji Makeup Base with SPF 28 – I rarely use it, but I love that it has SPF. (Another beauty philosophy: wear SPF everyday!)
- Essence Waterproof Gel Eyepencil in Blackest Black – Cheap and it works! Glides on like cream, stays put all day.
- K Palette Real Lasting Eyeliner 24H in Black – Almost finished with this one. It’s an easy to use eyeliner.
- Fairy Drops mascara – I also rarely use mascara, but this one does the job well.
- Kinepin eyelash curler – A makeup artist in Hong Kong recommended this and swears it’s better than Shu Uemura (at a fraction of the price!)
- Fairy Drops powder – They win at packaging!
- Chanel Illusion D’Ombre in Vision – A gift from a friend, perfect for parties where you want to be the centre of attention. Haha!
- Maybelline Color Tattoo in Pink Gold – An everyday eyeshadow, just sweep over your eyelids and you’re done.
- Vaselina Gal fragranced lip balm (Golosina) – Reminds me of Spain, where I got this. It smells and tastes like candy!
As you can probably tell, I use makeup minimally and usually just go for a lipstick, eyeliner and a dab of blush. Lipstick can make such a difference, and instantly brightens up your day (and face)! I love dark, vampy or berry lipsticks, and only end up buying from this range of colours. These are my current favourites:
- Guerlain Rouge G – Gigolo
- Guerlain Rouge G L’Extrait – Orgueil
- & Other Stories – Ducape Red
- & Other Stories – Armure Plum
- MAC – Media
- MAC – Rebel
- Barry M – 162
- Sephora Rouge – Crush
My Beauty Philosophy is: Wear lipstick, smile and own the day! 🙂
Yay, thanks Angel! See you guys in two weeks for (hopefully) another installment of Nosy Beauty. To catch up and read the past
victims entries, click here.
Follow me: Bloglovin' • Twitter • Instagram • YouTube • Facebook
Love this post! 🙂 Great products & you look really cute 🙂
I would love it if you would check out my blog & follow if you like it 🙂 http://lookbeyondbeauty.wordpress.com
This is actually of my friend who I featured here. Thanks for looking
Thanks for having me, Carina! It was fun being a Nosy Beauty “victim”! :p xx
Yay, thanks Angel 😀
I love that quote! Why yes! I will wear lipstick *reaches for a blood red one* 😉
Pingback: Notes from the weekend | Angel Trinidad
i like her smile and all the flower background. Vaselina Gal fragranced lip balm, hmmm that’s one interesting-a-bit-creepy packaging that I might love to own. hmmmm…
HAHAHA I love it so much, too.
Yay! Another Filipina who loves dark vampy lipstick! That Vaselina packaging reminds me of a Smashing Pumpkins album cover from the 90s. Come to think of it, vampy lipstick reminds me of the 90s too.
Yay for vampy lipstick 😀
Pingback: FOTD: Cool Cut Crease + a Strong Cheek | Softly Sometimes