Sometimes, I’m a total dimwit when it comes to packing my makeup, which is strange, since I’ve used makeup long enough to figure out what I use regularly and what I don’t.
I brought way more than this when I went to Seoul, and I wish I didn’t, because this is honestly all I needed. I brought things like mascara and an eyelash curler, which I used maybe 2 days out of the 9 I was there.
My Necessities for a Basic Face
- K-Palette 1 Day Tattoo 24H Real Lasting 2-Way Eyebrow Liner in G101* — This is my absolute staple! When I sleep in accidentally and have no time for makeup, I just draw on my brows!
- Ellis Faas Concealer in S204* — I love this concealer more than my NARS one, I think. It’s less fussy and it doesn’t cake even after a long day out.
- Urban Decay Primer Potion — To make my eyeshadow long lasting!
- NARS And God Created the Woman Palette — I must admit, I brought along another palette and wished I just stuck with this one, because it has everything I need for an everyday eye.
- K-Palette 1 Day Tattoo Liquid Eyeliner* — A forever favorite that I sometimes used instead of just eyeshadow.
- Le Métier de Beauté Peau Vierge Anti-Aging Pressed Powder in Shade 2 — a light powder base that I don’t have to worry about blending.
- Kjaer Weis Cream Blush in Abundance — Still my favorite blush. Still.
- Dior Addict Lip Glow — a light, hydrating, SPF-laden lip balm for the dry weather and icky airplane rides.
- NARS Sheer Lipstick in Vendanges — it’s the lipstick I was planning on using up this month, a nice “sheer grape.” I’m making a bit of progress!
As you can see, I only brought one lipstick, but I realized that, on trips, it’s easier to “change up your look” with different lip colors and keeping the rest basic and simple.
I also don’t like bringing along makeup that’s hard to take off at the end of the day (i.e. mascara), because I get too lazy for face-cleaning when I’m pooped from a day of sightseeing and going around.
What are your travel essentials?
* PR Sample
Follow me: Bloglovin' • Twitter • Instagram • YouTube • Facebook
I have seen the NARS palette in stores and it seems gorgeous. Do you think is worth the price? x
Yes, it’s one of my favorites. 🙂
i love your photos that are really amazing. Also how pretty is that cream blush, I need it in my life.
The Beautifully Disastrous
Thank you so much. 🙂 That cream blush is the best blush!
I really love that makeup bag! 🙂
Thank you, Tori!
I was just in Seoul (for a day and a half) too!! How’d you like it there?
Packing for travel is always a toughie, especially if you’re going to a completely different climate and dont know how your skin will react.
I LOVE Seoul! It was my first time 🙂
Yeah, I was just glad I brought really thick moisturizers. Even straight up oil wasn’t enough hydration!
Oh I just adore your little green pouch! I am usually clueless when it comes to packing makeup, I usually would grab 5 different red gloss/tint and some other random stuff I rarely wear, and totally forget essentials like lip balm…
Thank you! I got it in Korea. 🙂 Haha I know what you mean. I used to go for eyeshadows I might “need” for some reason or another.
I can’t imagine traveling for nine days with just one lipstick! It actually makes me anxious to think about. I admire your restraint. I agree that doing complicated eye looks can be tedious when you’re traveling, so I usually stick with a bold lip and a one-color neutral eye.
Did you stock up on awesome Korean beauty supplies??
I WISH this was all I packed, but no. I had 3 other lip options and ended up buying some while there.
So to answer your question, yaaaaaaaas!
I just went out of town last weekend and brought waaaaaaay too many makeup with me. It was a swimming trip so I seriously had no idea why I brought that much makeup -_- I only used them during the trip back home. And it made no sense to do a full face of makeup when I’m only gonna be removing them by the time I got back to my house. I wish I didn’t bring too much with me 😦
On another note, that Kjaer Weis cream blush looks amazing!
Hahaha yun nga e! I learned my lesson naaaa. I usually don’t bother with mascara na because it is a pain to remove at the end of the day.
It’s so good, I promise!
That kjaer weis looks pretty, but also dark? Anyway, it is so hard to pack!!!