I saved the “best” for last. Here’s my embarrassing lipstick collection. Do I need all of it? Probably not. I think I have a nice, round collection, however, and I don’t own too many dupes. I know this because I tried to make a dupe post for Lipstick Week and failed.
I keep most of my lipsticks inside a small MUJI bag that I’ve fitted with the plastic containers. I put this bag inside a drawer because I like to keep the top of my desk relatively clean. Honestly, this isn’t the most ideal situation, but it works. Other lip products like glosses and stuff are in a clear jar. Others like balms, lip butters, lip tars, etc. are in a small drawer on my desk.
OK, so let’s talk about the lipstick. Here’s pretty much everything I have:
I know it looks like a lot, but I really try and clean out this collection and see if I haven’t used a lipstick in x number of months. I also try to keep the collection small enough to keep inside the MUJI bag. The containers are there so I can store them upright. I’ll go through each one, one by one. 🙂
This container has all my Chanel, Addiction, Hourglass, and NARS lipsticks.
I have 1 Chanel Rouge Coco (Perlé), 2 Rouge Coco Shines (Boy, Antigone), 2 Rouge Allure Luminous Intense Lip Colours (Captivante, Envoutante), 2 Rouge Allure Velvets (La Distinguée, La Favorite). View my Chanel lipstick “demo,” with swatches and stuff hurr.
From Addiction by Ayako, I have 3 (Gold Fish, Super Woman, Lady of the Lake). I have 1 Hourglass Femme Rouge lipstick (Fresco), and 3 NARS lipsticks: 2 sheer lipsticks (Vendanges and Pago Pago), and 1 Pure Matte lipstick (Montego Bay).
I couldn’t fit a container in this little pocket in the same row, so here, I just have my MAC (8), shu uemura (2), and Make Up Store (1) lipsticks.
Here are all of my MAC lipsticks, in order of purchase: Jubilee, Viva Glam V, Betty Bright (LE), Ravishing, Twig, Mehr, Plumful, Impassioned. Let me know if you’d be interested in individual reviews, but these are all pretty old shades. 🙂
My two shu uemura lipsticks are from the Karl Lagerfeld collaboration: Luxe Burgundy and Celebrity Beige. And then, this lone Make Up Store lipstick in Redwood rests on top of the other lipsticks because I have no room for it. D:
Moving on to the middle row!
The middle row has three compartments. On the left, I have my YSL (3) and Illamasqua (1: Immodest). I bought all of my YSL lipsticks over eBay, and I have the YSL Rouge Volupté Shine in N° 17 Rose in Tension and the YSL Glossy Stain in N° 24 Fuschia Intemporel. I also managed to get what seems to be a discontinued line: the YSL Rouge Personnel Multi Finish Lipstick in N° 23 Irresistible Violet. I’m still not sure if this was a fake because I do find the line featured around, but not the shade, lol. So if you know, let me know!
Wedged to the left of that is a BYS Matte Lipstick in Tango. The middlest middle and rightmost middle row has my drugstore lipsticks. In the middle, I have NYX Round Lipsticks (4: Watermelon, Indian Pink, Peony, Spellbound) and Kiko (1: 193), which I got from Italia.
In the right compartment, I have Snoe Beauty (1: Plum Crazy), Rimmel x Kate Moss Matte line (1: 101), Maybelline (1: Chestnut), and Revlon (2: Fabulous Fig, Iconic).
In the top row, I’ve got my Le Métier de Beauté Colour Core Moisture Stain Lipsticks (2: Bondi Beach & Miami), Guerlain Rouge G Jewel Compact Lipstick (1: Gemma), and Rouge Bunny Rouge (1: Whim of Mine).
In the middle top row, I’ve got all my Guerlain Rouge G L’Extraits (3: Orgueil, Avarice, Gourmandise) and Tom Ford (1: Flamingo).
In the rightmost top compartment, I’ve got some Japanese lipsticks, namely Paul & Joe (2: Beloved, Meow!), Lavshuca Dramatic Memory Rouge (1: RS-1), Kate (1: PK-17), and Media (1: PK-20).
Now, the lid has a space presumably for brushes, but this is where I keep my lip liners and Revlon ColorStay Liquid Lipsticks (3: Premier Plum, Top Tomato, Supreme Siena). I have 3 NYX lip liners (Ever, Bloom, Nectar), 1 Shiseido (RS 303), 1 Etude House (Auto Liner? Dunno the shade), and 1 Smashbox (The Nude Lip Liner in Light).
Here’s a last picture for the road:
So, that’s that! That is my entire lipstick collection, not including lip butters, lip tars, lip crèmes, glosses, and so on.
Some things I took away from Lipstick Week:
- Take better pictures and schedule these “shoots”. I prefer natural light, so I have to make the photographs I lack within a certain time frame if I want to get the post out on time. You can see my MLBB post has the most terrible lighting.
- This is the sort of thing you have to plan. I did as much as I could when I could (you should have seen my drafts) but you really can’t escape that time where you have to take photographs, and that is the most taxing activity of all! Red Lipstick Day really made me want to cry by the end of it.
- If you are forgetful, list down the file name of the lipstick swatch, along with its name. It will save you a ton of grief!
- Full face shots, though awkward to post all in a row, are appreciated by readers as they can see how the lipstick color/finish/etc reacts to the rest of the face.
- You have enough lipsticks, Carina. You don’t really need any more.
And now, onto the tag! OK, so Lipstick Week is basically a week where you talk about lipstick. Here are the “rules” that Tellie made:
- Make seven blog posts about Lipstick Week. #LipstickWeek it if you’re on Twitter!
- Post full reviews or quick swatches of your favorite shades. Heck I’d be fine reading about you waxing poetic over a lemming.
- You can follow my schedule, pick your own or combine my ideas with yours. It’d be nice to know what other people use for caramels, mauves and corals which I never took up! You need 7 posts but I did mine over a three-week span, harhar.
- Please post your first link in a comment on this post so I can follow your series 🙂
- (ADDITIONAL) Tag 7 more when you’re done to keep Lipstick Week alive!
- If you don’t want to go through all seven days, pleeeease just post a virtual tour of your lipstick collection. I’d still love that!!!
Tellie’s format was highlighting one lipstick a day. As you saw, I got carried away. What can I say? I like doing features! The Lipstick Week timeline is also arbitrary. Miss a day? No problem! Post whenever you like, just have seven (7) posts by the end of it. 🙂
I wanted to tag more than 7, so this is what happened. Heh.
- Wiji of Dandelion Whiskers — who is beautimous and talented! I like that she seems to stick to staples, so I wanna know which ones are hers. 🙂
- Tina of What Tina Loves — whose skin is such a nice color, I want to see what lipsticks she loves.
- Shari of The Misty Mom — who is a new mama, so she might be too busy to do this, but I want to see her picks!
- Krysty of Vain Jane Writes — who understands the nuances of color, shade, and finish!
- Romila Marie of Run Barbie Run — who seems to have a great collection of lipsticks.
- Eula of Eula Sleeps — whose inclination seems to be more on the natural side.
- Ae of An Artechoke — who has great, sleek taste (and who happens to be the mom of our dog’s (Noah) brother, Mochi!)
- Joyce of Bronzer Bunny — who is on a work trip right now, but whose picks I’d like to read about!
- Taylor of My Lucite Dreams — who is very sweet and whose taste (and skin) is flawless.
- Mirifique Beauty — whose lipstick choices always intrigued me and piqued my interest!
- Sunny of Mostly Sunny — who, again, has awesome taste.
- Belly of Wondiegondego — who, I know, stopped blogging already, but I MISS HER D:
- Claire of Aucuparia Brumalis — who has across-the-board awesome taste.
- Fairytales and Coffee — whose blog I love and whose writing I enjoy!
- A Bonus! Rachel of The Makeup Quack — who I know mostly on YouTube, but whose picks I’d want to see
So basically, I am just a nosy little creep. Anyway, I hope y’all can humor me! I’m genuinely curious. 🙂
I hope you enjoyed that and thanks for going along for the Lipstick Week ride. 🙂 Thanks again to Tellie for tagging me! If you have any requests for features on a particular lip or range of makeup (Blush Week, anyone?), please let me know in the comments below. I’ll see what I can do for ya.
As always, thanks for reading!
I love all your lipsticks!
Thank ya! 🙂
Help, I’ve died.
What’s your best matte, Carina?
HAHAHA. I love MAC’s Mehr, and my Chanel Rouge Allure Velvets 😀 I also like the Guerlain Rouge L’Extraits, which dry down to a matte finish but don’t really set.
Reblogged this on itfollower.
Thanks for tagging me, Carina! I hope I could do this! I don’t have good lighting in my room and I also prefer natural lighting especially for face shots. Soo, we’ll see! Love all your lipstick entries! Very informative 🙂
I hope you can do this, too! 🙂
Wow! I love your collection, too pretty for my eyes to see! xx
Thanks! 🙂 Would love to see your favorite lipstick shades, too.
Positively droolworthy collection! Thanks for the lipstick week, enjoyed it immensely!
Thanks for reading, Pat 🙂
What a beautiful closer. Great job on Lipstick Week. I just wanna say, thank you so much for humoring me. Though I had no net the past few weeks, I visited your site first whenever I could get access and just never let go of my “scouted” list.
Y’know at first I thought you went trigger happy and dished out all your lipsticks in Day 1.. Then you just went on and on with so many new features and I’m like DOES THIS GIRL HAVE A SHOPPING MALL FOR A BOUDOIR? I loved seeing everything you own- it seems like you have a lot of HG and must-have shades. I’m looking forward to future individual reviews!
Thanks, Tellie. 🙂
I have a makeup problem, lol. Ergo, the makeup no buy.
Aw, thank you for tagging me! I really, really enjoyed reading your Lipstick Week posts! I’m excited to do this myself 🙂
Yay, can’t wait! 🙂
Ooh pretties! Your collection is beautiful and I love that Muji organizer. Thank you so much for the tag and lovely complement 🙂 I enjoyed you lipstick week posts very much.
Thanks, I hope you can do it, but of course no pressure. 🙂 I always discover new shades and products from you!
I LOVED your lipstick week! So many colorssss. I currently have only 1 lip color with me (I KNOW, omg) so I hope to be able to do this when I get back home!
Thank you, Eula! 🙂 HAHA I’m so excited! I bet you can’t wait to be reunited with your other lipsticks 😀
Wow girly, your collection is quite possibly bigger than mine! Thanks for the tag! I’ve been thinking about showing my makeup storage, so hopefully I’ll get to work on this soon!
Oh no, seriously? Hahaha I feel sorta bad! But I really don’t have a lot of dupes or too-similar colors, so I think I’m still OK. 😀 Thanks, Sunny!
🙂 thanks for the mention and the tag! Most of my lipsticks were already swatched and broken out in color (not a big lipstick collector) in some of my earliest blog posts. However, I will brainstorm a way to honor your tag with my full lipstick stash complement! You have like TONS of lipsticks. I only have enough to fill a small muji drawer, but I will post a drawer pic! 🙂
Ah! I hope you can still do something, though of course, no pressure. 😀
Ooh lala – lipstick overload! As I said, from your lipstick week choices alone, I think it’s pretty much clear you have a well-rounded collection! I’ll try to do the tag but I don’t think it’ll be anytime soon – but thank you for remembering me and choosing me to do this tag! Promise, gagawin ko siya. It’s kinda a good closure for all the MAC lipstick brouhaha I engaged in when I was preggerz.
PS – I’m still eyeing on the L’Extrait Orgeuil but gaddamn, kapresyo ng Tom Ford lipstick!
Thanks, Shari! 🙂 I hope you can~ You have a good eye. Yup, I prefer the Guerlain formula over the Tom Ford, though. TBH, I don’t get the big deal. Haha.
Smooch! I just wanted to stop by and wave hello!
:D! Hi Belly!
What a fun post! Thanks for tagging me! Naku where to beginnnn hmmm. 🙂
Hehe, I’m excited!
Here’s my first post : http://dandelionwhiskers.wordpress.com/2013/05/31/lipstick-week-1-episode-1-an-ode-to-my-most-favorite-drugstore-lipstick-brand-and-what-ive-been-wearing-almost-everyday-now-since-i-got-it/
Yay, thanks for doing Lipstick Week! 😀
It’s fun!….and a good excuse to try out more lip products hahaha
Thank you for the tag 😀 I love lipsticks, can’t wait to do those posts, how wonderful ❤ ❤
Yay, I can’t wait to read them! 🙂
Sweetie, can you do MAC Mehr, Plumful, Twig, and NARS Montego Bay side by side please? Lip swatches would also be appreciated, as I plan to pre-order them 🙂
Hey Karen, sorry but I don’t have time to do lip swatches at the moment. Maybe you can check Temptalia for swatches. 🙂 I know Shari of themistymom.com also has a few of those shades already swatched.
Pingback: Introducing… Lipstick Week! | Softly Sometimes
Pingback: The Lipstick Tag | Softly Sometimes