I saved the “best” for last. Here’s my embarrassing lipstick collection. Do I need all of it? Probably not. I think I have a nice, round collection, however, and I don’t own too many dupes. I know this because I tried to make a dupe post for Lipstick Week and failed.
I keep most of my lipsticks inside a small MUJI bag that I’ve fitted with the plastic containers. I put this bag inside a drawer because I like to keep the top of my desk relatively clean. Honestly, this isn’t the most ideal situation, but it works. Other lip products like glosses and stuff are in a clear jar. Others like balms, lip butters, lip tars, etc. are in a small drawer on my desk.
OK, so let’s talk about the lipstick. Here’s pretty much everything I have:
I know it looks like a lot, but I really try and clean out this collection and see if I haven’t used a lipstick in x number of months. I also try to keep the collection small enough to keep inside the MUJI bag. The containers are there so I can store them upright. I’ll go through each one, one by one. 🙂
This container has all my Chanel, Addiction, Hourglass, and NARS lipsticks.
I have 1 Chanel Rouge Coco (Perlé), 2 Rouge Coco Shines (Boy, Antigone), 2 Rouge Allure Luminous Intense Lip Colours (Captivante, Envoutante), 2 Rouge Allure Velvets (La Distinguée, La Favorite). View my Chanel lipstick “demo,” with swatches and stuff hurr.
From Addiction by Ayako, I have 3 (Gold Fish, Super Woman, Lady of the Lake). I have 1 Hourglass Femme Rouge lipstick (Fresco), and 3 NARS lipsticks: 2 sheer lipsticks (Vendanges and Pago Pago), and 1 Pure Matte lipstick (Montego Bay).
I couldn’t fit a container in this little pocket in the same row, so here, I just have my MAC (8), shu uemura (2), and Make Up Store (1) lipsticks.
Here are all of my MAC lipsticks, in order of purchase: Jubilee, Viva Glam V, Betty Bright (LE), Ravishing, Twig, Mehr, Plumful, Impassioned. Let me know if you’d be interested in individual reviews, but these are all pretty old shades. 🙂
My two shu uemura lipsticks are from the Karl Lagerfeld collaboration: Luxe Burgundy and Celebrity Beige. And then, this lone Make Up Store lipstick in Redwood rests on top of the other lipsticks because I have no room for it. D:
Moving on to the middle row!
The middle row has three compartments. On the left, I have my YSL (3) and Illamasqua (1: Immodest). I bought all of my YSL lipsticks over eBay, and I have the YSL Rouge Volupté Shine in N° 17 Rose in Tension and the YSL Glossy Stain in N° 24 Fuschia Intemporel. I also managed to get what seems to be a discontinued line: the YSL Rouge Personnel Multi Finish Lipstick in N° 23 Irresistible Violet. I’m still not sure if this was a fake because I do find the line featured around, but not the shade, lol. So if you know, let me know!
Wedged to the left of that is a BYS Matte Lipstick in Tango. The middlest middle and rightmost middle row has my drugstore lipsticks. In the middle, I have NYX Round Lipsticks (4: Watermelon, Indian Pink, Peony, Spellbound) and Kiko (1: 193), which I got from Italia.
In the top row, I’ve got my Le Métier de Beauté Colour Core Moisture Stain Lipsticks (2: Bondi Beach & Miami), Guerlain Rouge G Jewel Compact Lipstick (1: Gemma), and Rouge Bunny Rouge (1: Whim of Mine).
Now, the lid has a space presumably for brushes, but this is where I keep my lip liners and Revlon ColorStay Liquid Lipsticks (3: Premier Plum, Top Tomato, Supreme Siena). I have 3 NYX lip liners (Ever, Bloom, Nectar), 1 Shiseido (RS 303), 1 Etude House (Auto Liner? Dunno the shade), and 1 Smashbox (The Nude Lip Liner in Light).
Here’s a last picture for the road:
So, that’s that! That is my entire lipstick collection, not including lip butters, lip tars, lip crèmes, glosses, and so on.
Some things I took away from Lipstick Week:
- Take better pictures and schedule these “shoots”. I prefer natural light, so I have to make the photographs I lack within a certain time frame if I want to get the post out on time. You can see my MLBB post has the most terrible lighting.
- This is the sort of thing you have to plan. I did as much as I could when I could (you should have seen my drafts) but you really can’t escape that time where you have to take photographs, and that is the most taxing activity of all! Red Lipstick Day really made me want to cry by the end of it.
- If you are forgetful, list down the file name of the lipstick swatch, along with its name. It will save you a ton of grief!
- Full face shots, though awkward to post all in a row, are appreciated by readers as they can see how the lipstick color/finish/etc reacts to the rest of the face.
- You have enough lipsticks, Carina. You don’t really need any more.
And now, onto the tag! OK, so Lipstick Week is basically a week where you talk about lipstick. Here are the “rules” that Tellie made:
- Make seven blog posts about Lipstick Week. #LipstickWeek it if you’re on Twitter!
- Post full reviews or quick swatches of your favorite shades. Heck I’d be fine reading about you waxing poetic over a lemming.
- You can follow my schedule, pick your own or combine my ideas with yours. It’d be nice to know what other people use for caramels, mauves and corals which I never took up! You need 7 posts but I did mine over a three-week span, harhar.
- Please post your first link in a comment on this post so I can follow your series 🙂
- (ADDITIONAL) Tag 7 more when you’re done to keep Lipstick Week alive!
- If you don’t want to go through all seven days, pleeeease just post a virtual tour of your lipstick collection. I’d still love that!!!
Tellie’s format was highlighting one lipstick a day. As you saw, I got carried away. What can I say? I like doing features! The Lipstick Week timeline is also arbitrary. Miss a day? No problem! Post whenever you like, just have seven (7) posts by the end of it. 🙂
I wanted to tag more than 7, so this is what happened. Heh.
- Wiji of Dandelion Whiskers — who is beautimous and talented! I like that she seems to stick to staples, so I wanna know which ones are hers. 🙂
- Tina of What Tina Loves — whose skin is such a nice color, I want to see what lipsticks she loves.
- Shari of The Misty Mom — who is a new mama, so she might be too busy to do this, but I want to see her picks!
- Krysty of Vain Jane Writes — who understands the nuances of color, shade, and finish!
- Romila Marie of Run Barbie Run — who seems to have a great collection of lipsticks.
- Eula of Eula Sleeps — whose inclination seems to be more on the natural side.
- Ae of An Artechoke — who has great, sleek taste (and who happens to be the mom of our dog’s (Noah) brother, Mochi!)
- Joyce of Bronzer Bunny — who is on a work trip right now, but whose picks I’d like to read about!
- Taylor of My Lucite Dreams — who is very sweet and whose taste (and skin) is flawless.
- Mirifique Beauty — whose lipstick choices always intrigued me and piqued my interest!
- Sunny of Mostly Sunny — who, again, has awesome taste.
- Belly of Wondiegondego — who, I know, stopped blogging already, but I MISS HER D:
- Claire of Aucuparia Brumalis — who has across-the-board awesome taste.
- Fairytales and Coffee — whose blog I love and whose writing I enjoy!
- A Bonus! Rachel of The Makeup Quack — who I know mostly on YouTube, but whose picks I’d want to see
So basically, I am just a nosy little creep. Anyway, I hope y’all can humor me! I’m genuinely curious. 🙂
I hope you enjoyed that and thanks for going along for the Lipstick Week ride. 🙂 Thanks again to Tellie for tagging me! If you have any requests for features on a particular lip or range of makeup (Blush Week, anyone?), please let me know in the comments below. I’ll see what I can do for ya.
As always, thanks for reading!